We are happy to announce two more cons we have scheduled for 2019.
The first one is Plaza Pop Con. Saturday, April 27, 2019. Program starts at 12:00pm and the con hours are 1:00pm to 5:00pm. The admission is free. I’ll be there at a table to sign and sell books.
Celebrate your favorite books, movies, comics, and all things geeky at the afternoon-long Plaza PopCon.
Come dressed as your favorite fictional character, and enter the costume contest. Test your wits in the escape room. Plus:
- Kick things off with a radio theatre production of the high-flying sci-fi spoof Rex Dexter of Mars by the comedy theater troupe Right Between the Ears.
- The local 501st Legion, a group of Star Wars enthusiasts in intricately detailed Dark Side / Storm Trooper costumes, makes an appearance.
- The Heart of America Shakespeare Festival stages a light saber duel.
- Tech coaches offer guidance on reading comics on your handheld devices.
- Enjoy virtual reality experiences and video and board gaming.
- Kids can enjoy a superhero training camp.
Our second new appearance will be at the Salina Comic Con May 4th and 5th. This will be our second time there. We’ve had some new books released into the wild since our first time there.
SALINA COMIC CON ‘STRIKES BACK!’
Join us in a galaxy far, far, away where comics, cosplay, art, and toys can all be found in one place as Salina Comic Con: Episode III returns to Tony’s Pizza Events Center on May 4th and 5th.
Vendors will be on hand for attendees who want to buy, sell, and trade comic books, toys and pop culture memorabilia. Also returning is the popular costume contest, known as ‘cosplay.’ Additional character & prop appearances may be announced closer to the event.
The show hours are 10am until 6pm on Saturday, May 4th; and 10 am till 4 pm on Sunday, May 5th. Saturday tickets are just $10 in advance, and Sunday tickets are just $8 in advance. Prices increase $2 the day-of-show.